ISO 50001-2011 Certification
ISO 50001:2018 Certification
An energy management system (EMS) is a system of computer-aided tools used by operators of electric utility grids to monitor, control, and optimize the performance of the generation or transmission system. Significant energy efficiency potential remains unrealized in several key sectors – including industrial and commercial. A key problem is that energy efficiency is not integrated into the daily management practices of organizations. An energy management system integrates energy management into existing business systems, enabling organizations to better manage their energy, sustain achieved savings, and continuously improve energy performance. Governments are now implementing various approaches to accelerate industry uptake of these systems, such as promoting compliance with the ISO 50001 energy management standard. Commitments on these approaches are sought through the Energy Management Campaign.
The Energy Management system is proving to be an effective strategy for governments and industries to cost-effectively reduce energy use. ISO 50001:2018 is not only a global best practice model for comprehensive and strategic energy management but also serves as a global benchmark for climate and clean energy action. Energy management systems based on ISO 50001 best practices or ISO 50001 certification are often key elements of energy efficiency policies around the world for large energy users, as well as small to medium enterprises. Saved energy translates into reduced energy costs, increased productivity, enhanced energy security, and reduced greenhouse gas emissions.
ISO 50001:2018 is the international energy management standard that represents the effort of over 50 countries from around the world to develop an international best practice to help organizations better manage energy.
Benefits of ISO 50001:2018 Certification
• ISO 50001 supports the development of an energy policy and contributes to the structure of an energy plan to achieve targets.
• It facilitates the engagement (commitment and agreement) of management and has a positive contribution towards the energy targets.
• An ISO 50001:2018 based EnMS creates awareness and a commitment about energy (i.e. consumption, use, efficiency, renewable sources)
within the organization.
• It also improves the ability of organizations to manage energy risks concerning possible impacts efficiently and effectively.
• It strengthens the competitiveness of organizations and reduces their vulnerability concerning energy price fluctuation and availability of energy.
• It allows the establishment of a benchmarking process.
• An ISO 50001:2018 based EnMS allows organizations to gain credible external visibility of energy-saving actions.
• An ISO 50001:2018 based EnMS provides a better understanding between predictable energy demand and supply.
Objectives of ISO 50001:2018 Certification
Adoption of ISO 50001:2018 confers credibility and structure to new or previously existing corporate energy management initiatives within an organization. This facilitates progress towards environmental and sustainability objectives and can help companies to encourage energy efficiency within their supply chains. The standard can also help organizations be better prepared for government or utility-sponsored energy efficiency programs, carbon or energy taxes, and international climate agreements. ISO 50001:2018 Certification improves operational proficiency and cost decreases in all segments, this incorporates fabricating, business structures, utilities, government offices, army installations, and the sky is the limit from there. The energy standard is relevant to associations both enormous and small, regardless of land, social or social conditions. ISO 50001 aims to facilitate the establishment of the systems and processes necessary to improve energy performance in organizations, including energy efficiency, use, and consumption.